Sunday, January 4, 2009

I don't have any friends like that...

Many of my colleagues, especially the women, have really taken to the social networking phenomenon of MySpace, Facebook, and Friendster. Nearly every week I get emails from former students asking me to add them to my social network or else join their social network.

The problem is, my social network is all offline. The phenomenon beggers the question, who do you really count as a friend? Can you borrow money, or ask for a ride home from these friends?

2 comments:

  1. I agree completely. I am firmly against all of those social networking sites. I am considering joining, just so I can see what others post, however I WILL NOT do anything to post my life on the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm I didn't know that you had a blog! Congratulations. :) I guess that means I will have to suscribe to it and comment on it...

    ReplyDelete